THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Keep Your Eye On The Prize


"We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes" 

Yep, there's that song again :) I'm tellin you I love it! haha So if you haven't already guessed this post is about keeping your eyes on the prize. Today I've found myself wondering pointless things like: "How is my weekend gonna work out?" or "I wonder how so and so is doing." or just really stupid stuff like facebook and things that don't really matter. Basically getting wrapped up in everyday life and caring more about material things than anything else, things that were good for me. When really I should have been thinking of Him, or talking to Him. I know He's thinking of me constantly, waiting patiently for our conversations, but today I feel like I've just been letting Him down with my selfishness. 
I keep having to remind myself that these earthly things that fill my life aren't important. They are not anywhere near as important as Him. I keep catching myself letting my mind wander to worries. But why should I worry? God's got it covered. 
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Matthew 6:33&34
That's sort of my problem, I find myself seeking out other things before Him, when in the long run, which is really gonna be there for me? The friends that I won't know ten years from now, or my Creator and Father who loves me? I know I have several friends that I'll still be friends with in the far future, but some of those friends that consume my time, they won't be there. That's heartbreaking for me but when you think about it, that's just how life works. People grow up, people move on, and people change. God is unchanging, God is unwavering, and most importantly, God is in control. 
So let's strive this week to keep our eyes on the prize, I know I'm going to. Jesus is worth the time and effort to build that strong everlasting relationship with. Because unlike most earthly relationships, God loves us unconditionally. No matter how much we ignore Him or hurt Him, he always takes us back. So personally I'm gonna strive not to hurt Him, in fact I refuse to hurt him, I've fallen so deep in love with Jesus that I can't imagine ever breaking His heart. Just like you wouldn't want to break the heart of a loved one, for me it's not any different. Jesus is my love, and He has my heart, and I have His, and we will never hurt each other. 
Remember that you can always trust Jesus with your heart, when other people let you down and break it, even when you feel irreparable, He'll mend you. :) How great is our God?? 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Proverbs 3:5&6


An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
- Proverbs 12:25

0 comments: