THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What Now?

Everyone is familiar with disappointment, we experience it all the time. Whether it be because someone let us down, or something as simple as plans not working out. Disappointment is everywhere. While some people handle it better than others it's never the easiest thing in the world. For example, I tend to be one of the people who looks up and says "Why God?" when things don't go how I'd planned or expected. But what I'm realizing I should be saying is "What now, God?" OF COURSE that isn't easy at all, especially when you're angry or hurt or your heart is broken, but then again no one ever said it was. I'm trying to learn that when I'm upset, complaining to everybody and their brother is not the right way to go. Nobody likes a whiner. So rather then be that complainer when something's gone wrong, why not just take it all to God? God would rather us pour out our hearts to him then keep that bitterness inside. Besides, God has the power to change, our friends we share our problems with however do not. He already knows the future and exactly what needs to be done, not Suzie Q. 

Here my prayer, O Lord; let my cry for help come to you 
-Psalm 102:1
So basically I just need to ask for help when I'm feeling down or discouraged by something, well that's easy enough, but it's not. Not for me anyway. I've always been the kind of person who has to have a confidant, or someone to tell all of my troubles to. The majority of my life that person has been and remains my best friend/sister, Blakely. Although she's always been a reliable reality check and most always told me what I needed (not wanted) to hear, maybe complaining to her all the time isn't my best option. Maybe crying to her over stupid things is not the way to go. Well duh Rachel, everybody knows that. Hey now, this is new for me. :) So, though my outbursts that I undoubtably drop at her feet like a puppy with a broken toy usually end with some much needed advice, I'm gonna try and stop relying so much on that. I really do think God's worked through her for me on more than one occasion though. How else could she so perfectly say what my heart needed? Obviously she's my best friend and has known me for about 9.5 years now, so that definitely helps, but I know for a fact He's worked through her. 
So here comes the "What now?" Wow that's definitely a hard one and it's going to remain a hard one until I get used to it haha. I realize I can't expect an outright reply, no Morgan Freeman commentary is going to randomly burst into my life and tell me exactly what needs to be done. But lemme tell you, that would definitely be ok with me :) No, as always you gotta turn to the bible. It's called the Living Word for a reason you know. Every time I look at a verse that I saw before it has a completely different meaning to me that applies to whatever it is I'm going through. Which just amazes me in and of itself. 
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
-Phillippians 4:6-7
Therefore ladies and gentlemen you must complain to him :) it says so right there. Well maybe not complain exactlyyy, but it does say to bring it to Him with thanksgiving. This is where I bring in the "What now?" As in, "Ok here it all is God, everything in my life right now that I just can't bare alone, so what now? What's next?" I can't wait to use this question, to have the opportunity to say this to Him. Yea that means I'm gonna have to face disappointment in the process but I think it's more than worth a little disappointment to get close to Him and let him run my life.
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9

0 comments: