THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

FaceBook



So on my way to pick up Kasey this morning for Chik-fil-a and FCA I passed a church sign that read, "Facebook means you will see God's face when you read His book." How true is that! I just thought that was the coolest thing ever. Well it got me thinking and about how often people put other PEOPLE before God by living on facebook and reading about other people's lives for hours rather than sitting down and reading about God at all. I'm not gonna lie to you and say I don't sit on facebook for insane amounts of time and get completely ADD but I'm sure gonna think about it more. See I left my bible at the farm Sunday and have been entirely lost without it these past few days, we should however be reunited by tonight. :) But back to my point! I just loved that sign. The bible is my all time favorite book, it's got wayyy more answers than any dictionary or encyclopedia could ever give you. How awesome is that?! I just never cease to be amazed by that fact haha. 

 
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1
 
Therefore, you see God's face when you read His word because he IS his word! *Insert Twilight Zone Music Here* God is everything. That's a mind blower if you ask me. The point is that a lot of non-believers have difficulty grasping God because they can't see Him, they can't touch him. But they can! God dwells in every person who has opened their heart to Him and let Him make His home there, any God consumed person that you touch was created by Him, any word of the bible you see is His face. God is the creator of everything ever to exist. 

Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.
John 1:3

Instead of reading our newsfeeds for the latest goings on in our friend's lives, why don't we just try this week to read God's newsfeed. Instead of being so quick to jump on facebook when you're bored, dive head first into His word. Nothing makes Him happier than being with us :) So I'm gonna give Him that much. Nothing I could give Him could ever amount to what Jesus has given and gives us but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try my hardest to give Him everything I've got!


Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:105


0 comments: