THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wallie

Wallie was my 3rd birthday present and I can't possibly think of a better present that I've ever received in my entire life. I wanna do a post devoted to him later but for now I just want to list the things I loved about him.

- He was insanely protective
- Loyal
- He loved unconditionally
- He loved cat food
- He and Peaches, my cat, secretly loved eachother and didn't like the whole dog chases the cat business
- He loved Sierra until the day he died, and she will always love him
- He's always taken care of me or tried so hard to
- Hot boggy dog breath in the backseat of the car on long trips
- The sloppy nose prints all over my back windows 
- The cone of shame
- The way he would lock himself in the bathroom every 2 seconds, I'll miss that more than anything.. and he actually figured out how to get out like last week.. 
- His sad eyes that could get him anything he wanted
- His willingness to do whatever you wanted him to do
- How he always ate the cat's food if it were ever in reach
- The way he'd pop his nose under your hand to make you pet him
- His long long nose
- When little kids on the beach would tell their parents that their was a "lion"
- His sneakiness when stealing food
- His willingness to give his pillow to Sierra even though he was in pain
- His attempt to mask his pain and hold on just for us
- He and Sierra playing in the snow in Spartanburg
- The way he greeted me at the door 
- His dislike of swimming and water
- The way he wandered aimlessly, checking on everyone in the house
- How he stayed up all night guarding us and then slept all day while we were away
- The beacon bark
- How he would follow us all the way across the farm, when he could
- When Cleo was lost all we had to do was walk Wallie down to the woods and he would run out
- When Grandma hugged me too tight once and he barked at her until she stopped
- The time he ate the corned beef that took forever to cook
- The click clack of his nails on tile
- He was a fighter
- Never in all his years did he ever catch a piece of food thrown to him because his nose was just too long
- How he would walk right next to you and never stray, or you could open the door and he wouldn't walk out until prompted as well as back in
- His complete innocence
- The way he would tattle on himself or Sierra, he could never hide guilt and he felt guilt
- He was my playmate, my love, my sibling, my bestfriend, the light of my life.
- No matter how mad I got I could never stay made at his sad eyes
- He would smile at people, with his mouth and his eyes
- He could tell a good person from a bad one
- He could sit and stay and shake 
- When you'd give him baths and his poof ball hair would deflate revealing his little rat body :)
- The way he knew when something was wrong
- The way he tried to comfort me
- As much as he hurt in the end he still pushed himself to walk and keep up with us, and fought not to let go
- Again, he was a fighter.
- His hair looked straight but when he shed it, it was tight crimped looking curls
- The way my back would ache because he took so long to bathe
- How he would lay there and let you brush him for hours
- His calmness
- The way he loved children 
- His tolerance
- His gullibility
- His trust
- Cheeto legs

I need to try and get some sleep, but these are just a few reasons why I will ALWAYS love Wallie the collie..

Wallie, the sheepish collie, Wallie, he's always tryin to be a wild and wholly collie. Wallie the sheepish collie.

Wallie wherever you are, I hope you're running.. I hope you feel no more pain and you can jump and chase squirrels.. I love you so much Wallie, I miss you already.

2 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Hey lovely, reading this made me cry. I am so sorry for your lose. Praying for you and your family.
<3

Rachel said...

Thanks Chelsea, that means a lot. It's definitely gotten a ton easier this week, but it's still really hard to think about it.. rereading this made me cry again. But it hurts a little less everyday.