THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

dANGER




Ephesians 4:26 Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger.

Anger and Danger are not so different when you think about it. When most people think of danger they think of an instance where they could be harmed, physically. Well anger is an instance where someone can be harmed too, hopefully not physically but sometimes it comes to that. Anger is in my opinion one of the most dangerous emotions equipped to the human mind. Those who are quick to anger find themselves full of regret and remorse upon lashing out, but you don't have to be quick to anger to feel this self-condemnation. Everybody gets mad, it's 100% natural. The danger comes in how we handle our anger. If you allow yourself to be overwhelmed by your fury then you're in a hazardous situation.
Proverbs 16:32 Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.
God even tells us it's better for us to be patient than it is for us to have any amount of power or strength; and further that it's better for us to control our temper and calmly handle things than it is to take action. God wants us to be docile even in anger. This is absolutely no easy feat for me, when I'm angry, which I can't say happens to terribly often anymore, but when I am I lose control. I have no control over my tongue or my actions causing me to have strong regrets when all is said and done. 
Proverbs 15:18 A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel. 
So I think it's very clear what I need to work on for this week haha, though I 
know that my patience has improved drastically, my temper however has yet to be 
examined. When I look back at any argument I've ever had in my life that I've
snapped back or lashed out in, never has it gone well, it only makes it worse. I only
wish that I would have known all of this sooner, but alas you learn from every
mistake you make :) I know I do anyway. So my challenge for myself is to not lash
back, even upon being attacked, I'm going to force myself to remain calm and
patient, trusting in the Lord to give me the right thing to say or do.



 Colossians 3:8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.

0 comments: