THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Apple Of My Eye


Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. 
Proverbs 7:2&3

Lately I find myself worrying and thinking more about people than I do about God. This is definitely a no no. Although I may be facing struggles that require I good bit of prayer and attention, the last thing I need to do is lose sight of the only one who can save me from it all. I keep getting so frustrated with myself because as the days go bye, all I'm thinking about are people. I'll catch myself doing these things and shoot up a prayer but then I'm right back at it. I wish someone would just grab me and tell me to "STOP WORRYING!" It's like no matter how many times I blog about worry and giving it up to him, I still have issues with it. But you know what? That's ok. I'm not perfect, nobody is. Jesus was the only man to ever be completely perfect and free of sin. So it's ok to worry, and it's ok to lose your way every now and then. What I haven't been doing however is guarding His teachings, I keep letting them slip my mind or forgetting what He's already taught me and find myself having to relearn. I found that verse about keeping his teachings as the apple of your eye today and it caught my attention. Well I started studying it but when it really made an impact was when I read this little insert in my study bible that talked about how much we take care of and protect our eyes. Our entire bodies are equipped to protect your eye's center, the pupil, from harm. Your eyelids reflexively snap shut at the smallest hint of danger, your tear ducts are ready and constantly cleansing any irritiation that may approach and nerve endings are able to send alerts at just the slightest pain or pressure. God wants us to keep and protect His word and teachings as you would your eyes, in other words, guard His "teachings as the apple of your eye." 
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. - James 1:5
So say you don't have any of His teachings yet, that's ok too, after all you gotta start somewhere :) If you desire a relationship with God all you have to do is love Him. Treat Him like you would any relationship your in, take time to get to know Him, come to Him when you have a problem, and most of all trust him. God desires nothing more than to make YOU the apple of HIS eye. 
What we've learned today: Just because you've already learned something doesn't mean you should stop studying it and learning it over and over again. Don't let go of lessons God has shown or put you through, guard them in the apple of your eye.

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
James 3:17

0 comments: