THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mapless

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

[Jeremiah 29:11]

Wow. This verse has taken on a whole new meaning for me lately. I've always been the kind of person who needs to learn for themselves, usually the hard way, and make more than several mistakes along the way. But I'm also the kind who learns from the mistakes and most of the time lives without regret. But I found this verse the other day and boy did it hit me in an entirely different way. Growing up Christian there's the verses you hear all the time, this being one of them, and unfortunately I had never quite given this much thought. Now that I'm older however and really reading verses for what they are I'm realizing a deeper meaning. "For I know the plans I have for you.." Well ok, so you have plans for me, but no, it doesn't stop there. "..Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." There's the WOW for me. Not only does God have my life planned out, he knows exactly what I need and wants me to succeed.

Although it's hard most of the time, I'm making a vow to myself to let go. I watch people who are constantly living in the "What if?" and I find myself lumped in there too at times. Always over thinking and wishing they would have done something differently. You also see people wanting desperately for something they think will make them better or help them reach a goal, but when the opportunity is lost for whatever reason, those people get angry or depressed and revert to the "What if?" "What if things had gone my way?" But that's exactly the problem. They're wanting things to go their way rather than the path God has set for them. Now don't think I'm trying to say I've got it figured out and never question or say 'what if,' in fact I think I may be the worst what if-er of them all at times. But I'm learning to trust in Him more and accept what happens in my life. After all who am I but one God has created? He's placed every obstacle and choice in my path to mold me in the way that He wants me to be. That is nothing short of amazing to me :)

0 comments: